The 20th Century left vast, abandoned, spaces in our cities. Warehouses, factories, military barracks have been built and abandoned in a relatively short period of time. Now, the contemporary city is elaborating new strategies to re-inhabit these empty shells.
In collaboration with the visual Artist Roberto de Luca, I have designed, for the Swiss firm daskonzept, Hotello: a unit of 4 sqm, conceived to extemporarily inhabit the empty lofts of the contemporary city.
Hotello is a portable space, packed into a trunk. Hotello contains all the necessary elements needed to work and rest. It consists of a metal structure that supports a translucent and sound absorbant curtain. Hotello can be combined and aggregated in different configurations.
Hotello will be presented at the Fuori Salone 2013 in Milano at the Fabbrica del Vapore in via Procaccini 4 from 9-14 of April 2013. Opening April 9th from 6-8 pm.
The Fabbrica del Vapore exhibition space will be transformed into an open work environment which visitors are welcome to use. The installation will also have a performative element as it will host the editorial board of the Italian design magazine ABITARE for the five days of the event.
Das Konzept is a laboratory for design, retail, and production focusing on new ways to conceive the work environment. In 2009, Das Konzept opened in Thun, Switzerland in Konzepthalle6, an exhibition space that showcases office concepts. In addition to the workstations of Das Konzept itself, Konzepthalle6 also includes a restaurant, a conference room, and a concert room. Das Konzept is a center of excellence for design and architecture.
- HOTELLO, the Pop-up Office and Hotel Room, is Aired in the German National TV Program “Wissen vor Acht” in ARD Channel.
- Hotello in Neue Räume 13, Zurich 21-1 December.
- Milano Design Week 2014.
- Poker of Events in Milano at Salone 2012.
- A Corian® Shell: Trampolines Suite Hotel, Riccione, Italy.
- TANTOOO. The Fairy Tale Bean Bag: A Lion Got out from the Zoo (of my Mind).
- UrbanFarmers Concept Farm Model Presented at TEDx Zurich.
- An Interview About ELIOOO, the Book About How to Grow Food Using IKEA® Furniture, was Aired on Hydrowshow, an UK TV Show About Hydroponics.
- Fish and Crops: Design Royale Workshop Results Will be Pesented at Fuori Salone During Milano Design Week.
- TANTOOO. The Fairy Tale Bean Bag: The Giraffe is Here.