Passing by Rimini and its riviera, observing the city and walking the beaches, can’t help but think of a grand costume ball. Each building is a protagonist, a fragment of a city where anything goes. The architecture is masked and ready for that never-ending Saturday night, typical of Romagna summers.
The architectural disguise has an important iconography in Italian architecture. The Malatesta Temple in Rimini is characterized, for example, by an Istrian stone “dress” on a medieval building, designed by Leon Battista Alberti. The urban architecture of Andrea Palladio and the several building facades he created: architectural masks on pre-existing medieval buildings. The Trampolines Suite Hotel project was designed with this spirit.
The Trampolines Suite Hotel is characterized by an architectural shell of over a thousand square meters entirely made of DuPont™ Corian®. Forty years of Trampolines history have been redesigned, renovated and interpreted in only two winters to create an architectural structure masked by a ship’s appearance with this recipe: Fellinian spirit, minimalist culture, Romagna heart.
The Trampolines is a perfect example of successful Italian entrepreneurship. Born in the early Sixties, it is a place that, thanks to the passion and vision of several generations of family ownership, has been transformed from the original playground inclusive of trampolines (hence the name Trampolines), into a restaurant, and finally into a hotel. In 2012, it becomes the Trampolines Suite hotel, wearing a luxury resort “dressing” and dives, completely rebuilt and in perfect shape, into another explosive season of the Riviera Romagnola.
Executive Design: A. Scarponi, S. Massa – Conceptual Devices
Construction Manager: Christian Mazzotti – Studio Mazzotti
Project Manager: Giuseppe Emiliani – Emmegì
General Contractor: Carpentedil
Interior Design Contractor: Gianluca Sanchi / Sinventa
Structures: Roberto Tonini – Studio AMS
MEP: Gianmarco Amati – IRCI S.p.A.
Electrical engineering: Renzo Tentoni – Studio Tecnoprogetti
Site Office Coordination: Francesco Calzolari
Collaborators: Arch. F. Pacher, Arch. N. Manenti
Interiors Photo Courtesy of Alessandro Omiccioli
Area: 1343 mq / 6690 mc
Construction Time: 18 months
Construction Periods: September 2009 – May 2010 / October 2010 – July 2011
- The Trampolines Suite Hotel and the Press.
- 25/05/10 Trampolines Opening (cocktail party) @ 18.00
- HOTELLO. Somnia et Labora. A Portable Office / Hotel Room Designed for daskonzept Will be Presented at FuoriSalone 2013.
- Generic Architecture as Strategic Design for Rooftop Urban Agriculture: Aquaponic Farm in Basel for Urban Farmers.
- I am the Media. You are the Message: Italy up in Smoke, Promote the Italian Constitution.
- HOTELLO, the Pop-up Office and Hotel Room, is Aired in the German National TV Program “Wissen vor Acht” in ARD Channel.
- Italy Up in Smoke @ Milano Design Week
- FARM-X. The First Modular Vertical Farm Concept (Almost) Unveiled.
- Fish from the Sky with Vegetables. Globe / Hedron a Rooftop Farm.
- Thun. The Design of a Shadow Line. A Landscape Furniture.