Whether you are an Italian designer or not the year ends at Salone in Milano every spring. Times are busy and the world design community is ready to gather and share event invitations as they do between civilized and happy family members with greetings cards during Christmas. So do I.
To make it short I have got a poker this year. I will be indeed involved in four different event which I would like to share with you.
On Tuesday 17th of April at 18.00 in via Mellerio 1 & via GB. Vico 1, within the context of Kidsroomroom I will present TANTO. In this occasion it will be also presented TANTINO which is a smaller version of TANTO, the fairy tale bean bag I am producing.
On the same day but at 21.00 in via Savona 97 (in Francesco Jodice’s atelier) in an exhibition called Foster Care curated by Susanna Legrenzi, Stefano Mirti and Marco Petroni, I will present a new piece of the collection ReadyKea called Zoroaster: a device to grow lettuce hydroponically. The entire project is covered in the April issue of URBAN (a preview at this link) entirely dedicated to the Salone 212.
Friday 2oth I will participate at another exhibition curated by Susanna Legrenzi – cocktail party at 18.30- at Walter Voulaz space: “OBJECTS (IN THE NAME OF LOVE) is a collection of objects of affection that inhabit the private space 40 designers. A thin red line, the sentimental value of things that turns an object into the guardian of time, memory, affections“.
Here I will present a collection of nails that was given to me by a carpenter in New England, about ten years ago. According to him you can read the American urban revolution trough these nails: from the handmade ones (expensive and “rares” on the left) to the standardized ones that allow you to order a house by phone (towards the right).
The fourth event will be at the Fondazione Portaluppi, it is called “Little Italy” and it will be curated my Stefano Mirti and Alessandro Scandurra: “Little Italy is in the first place a magazine, a magazine that comes in a unique number. If it were a traditional magazine we would have asked the various “contributors” to submit their articles, in this case we ask you to produce your content with others, the day April 21 at the Foundation Portaluppi.
Technically it is a “book sprint”. That is, the term derives from “code sprinting,” a method used by software developers who gather in a room and work on an open source project for a period of time.”
- Milano Design Week 2014.
- Orto Perpetuo. A Year-round Edible Garden Module in Your Apartment. Urban Agriculture Survival Kit, Salone del Mobile, Milano 2014.
- Salone del Mobile 2015: Re Think the Modular (and Other Stories).
- Fish and Crops: Design Royale Workshop Results Will be Pesented at Fuori Salone During Milano Design Week.
- Italy Up in Smoke @ Milano Design Week
- Talk: @ Paper & People, 13/04 Milano.
- Torino Geodesign. Mobilizing the Collective Intelligence. 48 Projects for Turin.
- Design for Eternal Youth. An Article Published in Domus 959 / June 2012.
- No-Stop thinking. An interview with Andrea Branzi.
- Malthus, a Meal a Day. Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About the Food and Love the (Population) Bomb.