We live in an historical time where there is the need to re-found a new avangard. We have the cultural responsibility to build a new present: make a tabula rasa and start all over again. The old cultural categories in which we used to operate do not make sense anymore. The only way to proceed is to re-found DADA. The old Europe is again the centre of the economic and cultural game.
It is a mistake to think that there is just an economical crisis going on. This is first of all a cultural crisis that manifest itself thought the economy. Culturally the crisis has started a long time ago, we all saw it coming. Now it is evident to all, since our economic model is also in evident collapsing. We need to think a new world. We need to build new relations between people and things. To do this, we need a new avangard.
This will be the subject of a talk I will give the 3rd of February 2012 within the context of “Coffee Break of a Revolution”, a seminar at Cabaret Voltaire, Zurich, which is part of the exhibition “Revolution to Smash Global Capitalism” (for which I have designed Readykea). This will be a way to celebrate the DADA birthday. In this seminar will also speak: Adrian Notz, Co-Director Cabaret Voltaire – Mike Bonanno, The Yes Men – Mediagroup Bitnik – Yana Sarna, Voina – Almut Rembges, Emanuel Tschumi, Marcel Schwald, Bblackboxx – Christian Huebler, Knowbotiq Research – Billy Talen, Reverend Billy.
I had to give this thing a name, but I wanted to make a non “choice”, so I have simply mirrored the world DADA into ADAD. Later I have found out that ADAD is the Babylonian and Assyrian God of storms and fertile rains. I thought that this is the perfect meaning for what I want to talk about. I also found that ADAD stands for many acronyms that all make sense within a DADA logic:
ADAD_Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division (Colorado)
ADAD_Association of Dance of the African Diaspora
ADAD_Another Day Another Dollar
ADAD_Automatic Dialing Announcing Devices
ADAD_Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders (journal)
ADAD_Air Defense Alerting Device (US Army)
ADAD_Air Defense Artillery Director
ADAD_Airborne Division Advisory Detachment (US DoD)
It is the right time for the #ADAD manifesto. If you want to contribute just tweet your statement with the hash-tag #ADAD. If you do a project in this spirit include #ADAD within the press release and talk to people about it. Google will be the archive of this movement. It is time for a new present.
- READYKEA an Exhibition Device for DADA New York II: The Revolution to Smash Capitalism.
- READYKEA X-Mass Shop at Cabaret Voltaire, Zurich.
- Urban Narrative: a Manifesto @ squidproject.net
- The Dreaming Wall Featured in ‛Design Like You Give a Damm ’ by Architecture for Humanity.
- Hannibal is Coming Back. Salon Suisse: The Next 100 Years – Scenarios for an Alpine City State. 14th International Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia.
- The Hypotetycal Revolution. Immagining New Forms of Symbolic Order.
- Arts + Tech = I am Going to Talk at CreativeMornings, Zurich June 22nd.
- Human World as cover for an India China Institute publication.
- Design for Eternal Youth. An Article Published in Domus 959 / June 2012.
- Talk: @ Paper & People, 13/04 Milano.