One of our clients, the start-up UrbanFarmers, was invited to speak at TEDx Zurich to present their urban agricultural concept: good food from the roof. UrbanFarmers is indeed working on the mission to install aquaponic agricultural system on the top of otherwise unused building roofs. Aquaponics is a farming technique that allows to grow fish and plants simultaneously: the fish nourish the plants with their urine, plants clean the water for the fish. You eat both.
They have asked us to build a functioning concept model that can explain this system in an educational way to be brought on stage during the second TEDx Zurich Event.
So we have designed and built a mini aquaponic greenhouse. Yes you can crop and eat the salad when is ready if you wish. Which probably makes it the world smallest aquaponic greenhouse farm ever built.
- Fish from the Sky with Vegetables. Globe / Hedron a Rooftop Farm.
- Malthus, a Meal a Day. Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About the Food and Love the (Population) Bomb.
- READYKEA X-Mass Shop at Cabaret Voltaire, Zurich.
- The Hub Zurich: Toilet/Kitchen Combo Presentation.
- Meet the Creative Mornings’ Crowd at the Hub Zurich.
- HOTELLO. Somnia et Labora. A Portable Office / Hotel Room Designed for daskonzept Will be Presented at FuoriSalone 2013.
- A Hub Story. The Design of a Co-Working Space for Social Change in Zürich.
- The Hub Zurich Co-Working Space for Social Innovators: Construction Started.
- The New Kunsthalle Zurich. An Architecture Report I Wrote for Domus Magazine.
- ELIOOO. Grow Your Food. Or How to Go to IKEA® and Build a Device to Grow Salad in Your Apartment.