In the course of the Symposium “The Future of the Informal” at the 4th International Rotterdam Architecture Biennale (NAI Rotterdam) the winners of the Squatcity-Urbaninform Competition have been announced.
The winning projects and honorable mentions were selected by the Squatcity-Urbaninform Jury out of 60 entries in the categories: DESIGN (Space, Technology and Material), SOCIO-ECONOMICS (Participation and Empowerment) and POLITICS (Good Urban Governance). The Jury was composed of members of the IABR curatorial team: Tim Rieniets (IABR), Fabienne Hoelzl (IABR), Can Altay (IABR-Refuge), Michelle Provoost (IABR-Makable Society), Georgeen Theodore (IABR-Community), Stephen Cairns (IABR-Reciprocity), Bart Goldhoorn (IABR-Collective) and Rainer Hehl (IABR-Squat).
- RIKEA @ Squat City IABR International Architecture Biennale, Rotterdam.
- Hannibal is Coming Back. Salon Suisse: The Next 100 Years – Scenarios for an Alpine City State. 14th International Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia.
- RIKEA Published in Abitare n. 483: Torino Geodesign.
- RIKEA video will be screened @ fama_fame/fame_hunger: the video show.
- We’ve been nominated as one of the five finalists of the CURRY STONE DESIGN PRIZE a New International Design Award for Humanitarian Innovations.
- RIKEA project was invited at Fama_Fame / Fame_Hunger: an In Progress Project which advances in situ by each exhibition.