lens

Triangular Design Manifesto.

00_ Design should not be based on formal principles – but always on an idea of society.
01_ Designed forms represent possible social orders and a lot of their contradictions.
02_ Design is everything. Anything could be designed. Everyone is a designer.
03_ Design allows social innovations. Often it is not made by designers.
04_ Design has not scale. It could be small and have great impact.
05_ Design is not an innocent practice. Designers are wicked.
06_ Design should engage people and interact with them.
07_ Design is an interdisciplinary applied science.
08_ Design produces visual consciousness.
09_ Design is a triangular manifesto.
10_ Design makes you smile.
11_ This is the top.
12_ Enjoy!

Related posts:

1. Urban Narrative: a Manifesto @ squidproject.net
  2. We’ve been nominated as one of the five finalists of the CURRY STONE DESIGN PRIZE a New International Design Award for Humanitarian Innovations.
  3. Re-Use Published on “Design Sostenibile: Oggetti, Sistemi, e Comportamenti.”
  4. Design Narrative. Phenomenology of Concrete Storytelling.

_

Many Manifesto’s « craigmartinallen
15/01/2011 at 16:27
Manifesto | GRAPHIC AUTHORSHIP
10/09/2012 at 00:24

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Oliver Neuland 08/11/2010 at 02:44

“02_Design is everything. Anything could be designed. Everyone is a designer.”

I disagree!
So if everyone is a designer and everything is design, than why do we even bother inventing and using the term? There seemed to be a need to destinguish and name this thing we call design. Therefore we have to be very careful with generalizing terms otherwise they become meaningless. – Not everyone is a designer. But maybe everyone can become a designer.
Not everything is design, but all manmade things have been designed in one way or the other.
Do you think a dog designs when he digs a hole?
Do you think the universe designs when a star colides?
I think the term implys planing and is exclusive ot theactivities of humans.

Cheers
Oliver

2 scarponio 08/11/2010 at 10:17

Hi Oliver,
thanks for your comment. I love disagreements. After all this is what design is all about.
So statement N.11 should go like this: “if you do not like this manifesto, instead of bothering with mine, write your own and share it here”.
:-)
Thanks. Ant.

3 Spasm Design 04/01/2014 at 12:44

Hi I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really found you by mistake,
while I was researching on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now
and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I
also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute
but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
be back to read much more, Please do keep up the
superb job.